Miami is a city of storefronts. From the Art Deco storefronts of the older sections, to the glass and steel storefronts of downtown to the endless “strip malls” that dot the highways, Miami is a city of storefronts. You might be tempted to look at them “artistically” and see that there are huge variations between a building built in the 1920s and buildings built in the last twenty years, or a building built in 1917 may not look at all similar to one built in 2017. But we – as Miami’s top glass repair service – don’t look at them that way. We look at the storefronts through the prism of glass. Most Miami storefronts are made of glass, and therefore, we are often called upon as Miami’s top storefront glass repair service.
Our Areas of Commercial Glass Repair Expertise
We are commercial glass repair specialists, which means that we can cover the majority of glass mishaps that occur at any Miami business, except for auto glass and smartphone glass issues. Remember, we have a half an hour response time and we even provide 24-hour board up services when there is a hurricane approaching. Also, Miami residents who visit this site can receive a ten percent discount on their glass replacement or repair, just mention that you saw this message.
Our policy of commercial care means that we take care of our professional clients, and that includes their storefront glass repair needs. (Sometimes it’s referred to as entryway repair as well). You’ll receive priority after-hours response times, skilled specialists who know how to aid the restoration of storefront glass and commercial windows. We also have a wide variety of glass materials in stock so that we can replace or upgrade your existing glass with relative ease. Our materials include:
- Glass Inserts: Not all businesses have all-glass doors or storefronts. Some have wooden or aluminum frames that have glass inserts. At GDR of Miami, we have custom glass inserts in-stock so that we can quickly replace your damaged glass.
- Safety Glass: Generally speaking, safety glass primarily covers both tempered and laminated glass. The chief difference between the two is that laminated is held together by an interlayer of polyvinyl butyral, and tempered glass is pressurized through a thermal tempering process so that it’s stronger than standard glass. Both options are great for protecting a business, and we have both types of safety glass in stock for your business.
- Wired Glass: Wired glass is typically found in schools and is a type of glass that incorporates fine wire into its construction. In the unfortunate event of a fire, wire glass won’t shatter due to high levels of heat, which makes this one of our most fire-safe options.
- Insulated Glass: Glass naturally loses heat via conduction, air seepage, and convection. Fortunately, we have insulated glass on-hand, which loses less heat due to a layered construction that prevents heat loss. If your business is experiencing larger than normal utility bills, then this type of glass is more energy-efficient.
Specialties for Businesses, and Not Just for Storefront Repair or Replacement Jobs
- High Impact Glass Installation: Many of our customers decide that they’d like to upgrade or have high impact glass installed in their businesses. Rather than shatter, when high impact glass is struck with significant force, it splinters, which is safer than sending shards flying everywhere. While this type of glass has special requirements, as glass experts we know what each installation requires so that your storefront can be adequately protected. (This is often called “Hurricane Glass”).
- Storefront Repair or Replacement: Sometimes business owners want to simply upgrade their existing glass storefronts. At GDR, we don’t just perform glass repair for your business, we also perform replacements and installations as well. Give us a call so that we can discuss your replacement options.
- High Impact Glass Replacement: At GDR of Miami, we have many commercial customers in the Miami and Miami-Dade County area who require high-impact glass replacements. This glass isn’t impenetrable, so when it’s needed, we can help replace this material so that your business can remain attractive and secure.
- Storefront Window Glass Replacement: Similarly to our glass door replacement services, our storefront window glass replacement services are available for commercial clients who simply want to upgrade their existing setups or for those who need replacements due to accidents or due to having been vandalized. Don’t forget we’ll give you an agnostic quote – meaning, we’re indifferent to whether your repair or replace your storefront. We’ll help you consider costs and determine the ROI on any storefront glass repair.